Many people have reported having a wide variety of different experiences and benefits during their Darkness Retreat or Dark Therapy:
- Regenerating the psyche, soothing an uncertain mind;
- Increase in sensory perception;
- Creativity and imagination may develop, which may have been subdued;
- Accessing higher states of divine consciousness and connecting with the soul;
- Feelings of oneness with all;
- Facing the fear of death;
- Opening up the third eye, clearer intuition;
- Altered states of perception;
- Out of body experiences/astral projection;
- Lucid dreaming/hallucinations;
- ‘Prisoner’s cinema’ – lights;
- Feelings of immense peace, calm and relaxation.
In addition to the incredible spiritual experiences you might have during a Darkness Retreat, as well as the opportunity to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of every day life and relax for a while, it is believed that Darkness Retreats also provide a variety of potential longer-term benefits to you as well.
Here is a list of some of the potential benefits which have so far been observed – both by our own clients, and also by those of other providers and researchers:
- Melatonin, a hormone produced by the body during periods of darkness, is found to be beneficial to the immune and cardiovascular systems, so may help with general health and well being, hypertension and cardiovascular disease;
- Shortening healing times after injury or post-operative surgery;
- Aiding in treatment for people with CFS, obesity, diabetes and addictions;
- Slowing the pace of life;
- Easing stress and facilitating relaxation;
- Slowing the aging process;
- Maintaining excellent physical health and youthful vitality;
- Usual physical benefits of a detox;
- Dropping the ego, old stories and conditioning.
Darkness Retreat Benefits and Health Information Disclaimer
Our website contains information about potential health benefits of our services for educational and informational purposes only. NO information on this site should be used in an attempt to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any condition or disease. You are responsible for your own health and you must not rely on the information on our website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you should seek immediate medical attention. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice or discontinue medical treatment because of information on our website.
In addition, we offer no guarantee that you will receive the same potential benefits as stated by others, they are purely accounts of other people’s experiences and we cannot attest to their accuracy or reliability, nor be held liable for such. The statements made within this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (USA). These statements and any nutritional advice mentioned within this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease.